Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Perfect Day...

For a Birthday! Yep, today is my husband's birthday! Happy Birthday Dan! I love you and hope day/year is perfect Here is your card, hope you like it.
 

I don't know why but I find "guy cards" very hard to do. I think it stems from my general problem with making CAS cards; I just have a hard time believing a card is finished until it has flowers, ribbon, lace, etc. on it! But, I have to say I am quite pleased with how this card turned out.
The image is from My Owl Barn and it is actually a free desk top download. They have real great owl images, that are all pre-coloured! Love it!
The rest of the card is all made up of stuff from my "Treasure Box", {except for the cardstock base}. I added a bit of "faux stitching", with a white gel pen, around the image and distress ink to all the edges. The sentiment is a clear stamp that I've had for ages.
 
Remember there is a new challenge up today over at Meljen's Designs.
 
Well, that's it for me today; off to enjoy the day with the "Birthday Boy"!
hugs,
Nancy

1 comments:

Desire Fourie

A beautiful card. Love the design and the button is a nice touch.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Post a Comment