Monday, October 20, 2014

A bit of practice with Distress Markers

Hope your week has started off well. It is cold and wet here in SW Ontario, but that's OK since I wanted to just do some baking away. It is my eldest grandson's birthday today and since Braden doesn't like cake I decided to make him some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for his after school snack...always good with a glass of cold milk! Yum!
Anyway, another good thing to do on a cold, wet day is practice your colouring! So here is another of my attempts with the Water Colour Distress Markers, on loan from my daughter, Jasmine.
This time I worked with a Mo Manning image that I bought a few years back. I actually thought I had lost it (due to a computer crash), but thank goodness my husband told me to back up my files onto an external hard drive, because there she was- safe & sound! Here take a peek at the end result:


I decided to work with shades of purple simply because I found them the easiest to blend with and I wanted to finally use this mauve DP that I have had for forever! {You know, one of those papers you just love so much you can't bear to cut it!}. I used 6 different dies on this card, some bling, pearls, an antique gold button and a metal heart! The pretty ribbon flowers, satin edged ribbon, {bow}, and the crocheted lace are all from good old Walmart. I distressed most of the edges with my little heart shaped distressing tool and ink. Lots of machine stitching on this card as well.
I am really pleased with how this turned out. Those distress markers are getting more and more appealing every day! {I sure hope Santa reads blogs, lol!}.
 
Blessings & hugs,
Nancy


Challenges:
Card Mania - Buttons
Craft-Dee BowZ - Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow
Cutie Pie - Purple + Cute
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes With A Butterfly
That Craft Place - Girls - No Pink
Southern Girls - Words

10 comments:

Desire Fourie

Oh wow this is just gorgeous with the aubergine colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Donna Maligno

Love your color combo -- very pretty card! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge.

Planetsusie

Purple is my favourite colour Nancy so I lurve your card to start with!!! Your embellishments are amazing and I think your image is really cute - I hadn't recognized it as a Mo Manning one. This is a brilliant card.

Thank you so much for entering the OSAAT (AG with a butterfly) Challenge this fortnight, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Sue Nicholson

Lovely sweet card, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge cheers Sue N x

Cathy P

Love the way you created your cards with the newsprint paper in the background. Thanks for playing along with our Southern Girls "Getting Wordy" challenge. Hugs, Cathy

Crafty Moone Cards

So beautiful, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Kay Dalton

stunning card, so much detail, lovely colour and your colouring is fab, thanks for joining us at That Craft Place

Auzz Trinklets N Krafts

Lovely creation thanks for playing around with Southern Girls Challenge

Mom2Two (Jenni)

Beautiful image and coloring!!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge, best of luck!!

susiestacey

Lovely card, pretty image.
thank you for sharing at Cutie Pies 'Perfectly Purple' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Post a Comment