Tuesday, November 5, 2013

*** A Little Steam Punk Girl

Hi there! So glad you were able to get a few minutes to stop by and check out my blog. Today is my DT Day over at Meljen's Designs and here is the card I made to share with you. Melissa is always adding new images to the store... it amazes me how she comes up with all these cute characters! Please take a few minutes to check them out right here in the shop...you'll be so glad you did!
The image I choose to work with this month is called "Steam Punk Girl"  . She has been in the shop for a while now but I hadn't had a chance to colour her up until recently. [ My grand daughter was a Steam Punk Girl for Halloween and we used this image to create her costume!] Here is the card I came up with:
 
 
I coloured her with Copic Markers, cut her out with a Spellbinder's die and mounted her on several layers of assorted Designer papers. I used a few different dies to cut out and make the flowers, leaves, flourishes and decorative edges. Added a bit of detailing using a gold paint pen, faux stitching, ink distressing, a shimmery bow and an antique button.
Well, I hope this project was an inspiration for you to get creating and please share your work with us over at the Meljen's Design Challenge Blog, we really love seeing it!
Until next time.
hugs,
Nancy

Challenge:
Digi Makeover - Lots of Layers
* Crafting When We Can - Make Your Own Flowers

3 comments:

Unknown

She looks beautiful Nancy! That is so awesome that your grand daughter was steampunk for Halloween. :D

Jacquel

I just love your card Nancy! It's so very pretty...your coloring is fantastic & those flowers are gorgeous! Very nice work....thanks so much for playing along with us @ CWWC & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!

Bo

Gorgeous card! Love all the details and your handmade flower is fabulous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting When We Can! Hugs, Bo

Post a Comment