Friday, November 22, 2013

The Reason for the Season


Looking forward to the weekend? I am! Even though I have to work tomorrow morning, it will be good to get a bit of time to relax later in the day and on Sunday.
Today I have a card to share with you that I made using one of the images I recently one in a challenge. I don't often work with silhouettes, but I fell in love with this one and was anxious to  use it.
The DPs are a mix from my scrap box. I added a plaid strip of Washi Tape bordered with a bit of lace. The "Merry Christmas" sentiment [in the bottom corner] is actually a piece of printed ribbon. Ink distressed all of the edges and added a simple gem stone for the star. The sketch I used is the one that is this week's challenge over at Simon Says.
Well, that's it for today. Off to a crazy night at work. It's quite interesting being a school janitor during their annual Bazaa!
Be blessed and sending you a hug,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
 
Simon Says - Sketch
Creative Moments - Anything Goes

4 comments:

scrappymo!

This is beautiful, Nancy! Sure reminds us of what Christmas is really all about!

I love that image!

shampylou30

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xx

Ang

Just beautiful.
Ang

Emily Leiphart

So pretty, Nancy! I love how you used the ribbons. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Post a Comment