Saturday, August 3, 2013

You Are My Sunshine


 
Hi there! Just wanted to share a card I made trying out the Chalk Board look  again. I really like how this one turned out. The rubber stamp, {I'm sure I've got you all singing this old familiar tune},is from Michael's which I inked up with Versa ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I used a white pencil crayon to fill in the sun rays and several of the letters in the word sunshine. I cut the sentiment out with a Spellbinders' die and added a few lines with the white pencil crayon. I kept the rest of the card fairly simple with just a polka dot DP background, a band of card stock [that I gave fancy edges to by using a Tim Holtz's die and wrapped with twine {top & bottom}], some faux stitching, a bit doodling around the outside edges and several antique buttons tied with twine.
 
Well, that's it for today. Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.
 
hugs,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
 
Cards Galore - Bingo [sentiment/die cuts/ heat embossing]
Card Crafter's Circle - Dotty For Spots
Brown Sugar - Friendship
CAS-ual Fridays - Buttons
Creative Corner - Polka Dots
Totally Papercrafts - Inspired by a Song
Delicious Doodles - Anything Goes


5 comments:

Desire Fourie

A gorgeous design with a wonderful colour combo. Love the stitching.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Deb

Gorgeous Spellbinders die! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sanketi

Love the chalkboard look! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Alexandra♥

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

Thank you so much for joining Totally PaperCrafts challenge!
Hope you'll play along with us in the upcoming challenges too.

~Alexandra~

DeBe

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous, I love it! Thank-you for joining us at the Cards Galore Bingo Challenge, Denyse x

Post a Comment