Thursday, January 30, 2014

Best Wishes

Wow, can you believe that we are already at the end of January! Time sure does seem to fly right by! I find this happens when I'm busy in my craft room as well. I'll head on down there in the afternoon thinking I'll just spend a few minutes working on a project and the next thing you know I come back up stairs to find the house in complete darkness!
That didn't happen with this card though, because our new challenge over at Meljen's Designs is "Time's Up!", only 30 minutes to make a card. Here is mine:
 

The base is red card stock, with a layer of folder embossed black card stock. I used white acrylic paint to make the white dots on the embossed design. I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the pretty border, then stamped the sentiment {Stampin' Up} and heat embossed it. A pretty piece of red dotted ribbon was added along the top edge. I printed the Meljen's image "Stitched Fan Flower" onto a piece of gingham DP and fussy cut it out. I simply added a cute button tied with white floss to the flower center. This card came together in no time and guess what...everything was from "My Treasure Box"!!! { Now you know why I had to make this  New Year's resolution a priority; we are talking about one huge Treasure Box full of stuff to use up!}.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. Hope you got a little inspired to play along with this MD challenge.
I'd love to see what you came up with in 30 minutes!
hugs,
Nancy
 
{PS} I found that if I take a narrow strip of double sided tape and apply it to a scrap piece of  DP, {that has a straight edge}, and then adhere it to the edge of a piece of computer paper it will run through my printer just fine. That's how I did this flower :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment