Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Day Treat

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful February day! With Valentine's Day right around the corner I thought I'd share with you the Treat Holders I made for my Sunday School class. I used this cute Meljen's Designs' Heart image that you can find right here:
http://meljensdesigns.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23_25&sort=20a&page=6
I printed the images out on scrap pieces of DP, added some shading with Copic Markers and fussy cut them out, including cutting the center out. I then printed out computer generated Valentine's Day sentiments and cut them out in a heart shape slightly smaller than the digital image. I used a glue gun to attach the sentiment to the cut out heart "frame". Using a Spellbinder die I cut out round scalloped circles, folder embossed them and adhered them to the backs of the hearts. I was going to add a fancy little strip of paper to the backs to slide the treats into but, the little Smarties packets already had a pretty To:/From: backing so I simply attached the packets with a bit of hot glue.

What do you think? I think my S.S. kids will love them!
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time.
hugs,
Nancy

0 comments:

Post a Comment