Thursday, August 14, 2014

Time for a New Challenge....

Hope you are enjoying your summer. It certainly is flying by.  Hopefully the nice weather will hang around for a while.
Over at Meljen's Designs it is time for a new challenge and this week it is called "Splat!"; we would like to use paint, sprayed ink, etc. on your project.
I have to admit I had a hard time with this one, I couldn't get the ink to spray where and how I wanted it to! Let's just say at least 3 attempts ended up tin the trash! Here is what I finally came up with...
I used the Meljen's word art "Smile", with that cute little lady bug on it. I folder embossed 2 opposite corners and then I sprayed it with red Copic ink {from one of my refill colours}.  I trimmed it up close the the edge of the embossing and then mounted it onto white card stock. I ran a few strips of Washi Tape around the edge and then trimmed it up again to fit on my card base. I added a pretty bow and a few red flowers to finish it up. After so many attempts I was pleased with how this turned out.
I hope you will take a visit to the Meljen's Designs blog and see what the rest of the DT came up with and then try your hand at it! 




Such a sweet card, fits the challenge perfectly and is embellished adorably.

Post a Comment