Friday, October 17, 2014

Braden's Birthday Card.

Good morning! Today is my turn for DT inspiration over at Meljen's Designs and I have a birthday card I made for my grandson, Braden, who will be turning 11 years old on Monday, to share with you. If you ask Braden what he would like to eat, {morning , noon, or night}, he will tell you he would like a "Cheeseburger!" It's his favourite. So for his card I knew I just had to use Melissa's "Big Burger" image. You can find it right here in the shop.
 
I borrowed some "Distress Ink Water Colour Markers", from my daughter, Jasmine, to colour  this image up. This was my very first time trying them and I think with a bit of practice I could get to really like working with them. I'm a "Copic Girl", but I love the soft look of water colour and have a hard time achieving that look with Copics. 
I started out to make this a CAS card with lots of white space. but I just couldn't leave that big white space alone, lol. So I added a pocket with an inserted tag, {that will probably hold a gift card for a much desired cheeseburger!}. The DPs, ribbon and button are all from my stash. I used my Dymo Punch to make the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my post. Don't forget about the Meljen's Designs' weekly challenge which is a sketch , and keep an eye out for a freebie this weekend from Melissa as well!
hugs,
Nancy

0 comments:

Post a Comment