Monday, November 26, 2012

First Snowfall

 
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We did have our "First Snow"! Totally unexpected...thankfully it didn't last long...though it did look really pretty.
This morning I have a 6x6 card for you that I made using the Weekly Sketch over at Fetch A Sketch. In fact I happen to be their Guest Designer this week. YEAH! How cool is that! Thanks ladies.
Check out their site right here: http://fetch-a-sketch.blogspot.ca/ and the great sketch for this week's challenge.I had a lot of fun with it. 
The Dp is by Little Yellow Bicycle.  For this card I used the Pre Coloured image "Bundled Little Snowman" by Meljen's Designs. (Pre coloured images are a new area for me and I have to say that when you need a card in a rush or a tiny image coloured this is the way to go!) This Meljen image printed beautifully and I just have a very basic printer. I used a coloured paper doily behind the snowman and a combination of die cut and pearl snowflakes. The chip board sentiment is an oldie I've had for quite a while. I used lots of dimensional foam squares to add depth to my card and a bit of glitter glue squiggled around the front outside edge.
 
I also made a second card using the same sketch, but this time I stayed true to the exact sketch. Here it is:
 
 
For this one I used the Christmas traditional colours of red and green. The stars were cut from a Sizzix die. Added a bit of twine, 4 holly with berries brads, a gemstone and lots of folder embossing, faux stitching and ink distressing. Sorry the sentiment doesn't  show up very well in this photo. It is a Justrite rubber stamp with a scripture verse taken from the book of Matthew: It says: "When they saw the star, they rejoiced with great joy." The Dps and holly brads are by the Paper Studio.
Well, that's it for me for today. I do hope you will head on over to Fetch a Sketch:
and join in the fun this week.
Blessings & hugs to you all.
Nancy
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sue

These are gorgeous. I love the designs and colours

Sue

scrappymo!

They are both great cards. i have never used the pre coloured images either...but it would sure save time. I use a lot of the the K and Co 3D precut images...I call them quickie cards.
When we don't have to colour first, the card sure goes together fast.
These are 2 wonderful cards!

Post a Comment