Friday, November 23, 2012

Peek-A-Boo Card



Good Friday morning to you all. Hope you are looking forward to a wonderful weekend. It's been quite a busy week for me both at home & work so I am definitely ready for some "R&R". I actually didn't think I was going to get this card done on time for the New Releases at Meljen's Designs. It sure helped that Melissa had some "Pre Coloured" images in this group. Thanks Melissa...I couldn't have done it without your help! hugs!
As soon as I saw this "Peek A Boo Card" I knew I had to try it. I love it! There are so many fun things I can think of trying with this type of card...I can promise you you'll be seeing more of these.
So this cute little bird is called Chubby Snowbird - Bluebird and like I mentioned he came pre coloured. You can find him right here in Melissa's shop http://meljensdesigns.com/ . The DPs are by Basic Grey "Aspen Frost Colllection" The silk flowers and buttons are from my stash. The printed ribbon (I think) is from Michael's. I used a couple of Spellbinder dies to cut out the leaves, oval openings & the trim around the ovals.


Front of Peek A Boo Card

Here is a view of the inside of the card. The little Bluebird actually slides away and the Red Robin ( another one of Melissa's new images), slides in. Now, how cool is that!
Inside of Card
 
 
 
Sorry this photo didn't turn out so well, but I wanted to show you the Bluebird disappearing and the Robin coming into view.
Well that's it for me for today. I hope you will get a chance to check out what the rest of the Meljen's DT came up with, the weekly challenge and the great sale Melissa has going on right now.
 
Blessings & hugs,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
Crimbo Crackers http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.ca/ - Anything Goes (Festive)
One Crazy Stamper http://onecrazystampercom.blogspot.ca/ - Anything Goes
 Corrosive Challenges  http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com.es/ - Flutter By

5 comments:

McCrafty's Cards

This is gorgeous Nancy, I like the sweet image the flowers and the ribbon.
Kevin xx

Crafting Vicky

Wow this is really fabulous! I've never tried that type of card... you have made me want to try but I'm not sure I could manage it as nicely as you have done.

Thanks for joining us as Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Crazystamper

Thank you for joining the December Challenge at One Crazy Stamper! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

Madge H.

Love the peek-a-boo card with the birdies interchanging. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at One Crazy Stamper. Great card!

DistinctiveLMNts

Sweet! This is an amazing fold , I must give this one a try. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the color combination. Thanks for joining in at Dutch Dare Card Challenges.
Lisa

Post a Comment