Sunday, October 13, 2013

*** A Stationary Set

Hi there! Hope your weekend has been wonderful. Here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving Day tomorrow so we get an extra day off from work. I love long weekends!
I'd like to share with you a Stationary Set I made using this tutorial from SCS , it took a bit of time [an afternoon] but I think it was well worth it and I think I will attempt another, maybe using some Christmas Papers.
 
 
The box has a removable top that allows the front of the box to fall open.

 
Inside the box holds 3 cards with matching envelopes, 3 - 3x3 gift cards, 3 tags, an address book, a place for stamps and a pen. I think this would make a lovely birthday gift.  

 
I used only 2 full pieces of paper [12x12], {1 cardstock & 1 DP}. The rest are just scraps from the leftover box. Heavy paper is a must. I used an assortment of dies, ribbon, buttons, punches and rubber stamps to embellish and decorate the box. The cards feature a free digital image by A Day For Daisies.
I know it probably looks like this was hard to do but in all actuality it was quite easy, just a lot of pieces to cut, score and adhere. Like I said I will definitely be making a few more of these because I am so pleased with the outcome.
Well that's it for today.
Hugs to all,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
 
*Crafting With Dragonflies - Make a box and 3 cards
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Dream Valley -Buttons
Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Paper Creator's Crafts - Punches and Dies


8 comments:

Susan Hogan

WOW - Nancy, this is gorgeous! What a project. I think I might be tempted to have a go at this one too- it may be out of my league, but no gain without pain! LOVE your stationary kit - and many thanks for joining our challenge at CWD to make a box with card (3) set.

Ina G

I agree with Susan WOW. This is fabulous. Love everything you did for this project. Gorgeous colours and all round perfect. Love it. Thanks for joining us over at Crafting with Dragonflies with this amazing set.

Alyx

Absolutely beautiful stationery set Nancy! Love the colour choice and images. Really fabulous project.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

CG

This is so fun! Really like all the different elements. Best, CG

Andree

A wonderfully inspiring project and fabulous papers.

Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap Challenge. Please make sure you're a follower x

happyglitzygirl

Amazing, what a beautiful set this is and a great gift....so much detail and work has gone into this, just lovely...it was worth the time for sure, thanks so much for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Cumbrianlass

Absolutely fabulous creations the papers you have used are gorgeous and the image so cute.
Thanks for joining in the Scribble & Scrap Challenge
Janet

JoanieMc

Awesome creation!!! I love the idea of the cards and the box and your choice of papers, images and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining Challenges 4 Everybody and hope to see more of your creations here.

Hugs
Joanie

Post a Comment