Wednesday, October 30, 2013

*** Happy Halloween!

I know that Halloween is actually tomorrow but I have my post for the new Meljen's Designs' challenge ready for then and I wanted to share this Halloween card with you. Plus I didn't want to post 2 cards on the same day.  Anyway, here it is...
 
 
I decided to do a circle card and used one of Sherri Baldy's cute Besties as the focus on it. I coloured her up with my Copic Markers; notice the purple eye shadow and ponytail high-lights and glitter on her crinoline. I used an assortment of Spellbinder's dies to cut out the card base [the orange cardstock is a piece I've had forever in my leftover box!], mats, background designer papers, rick rack trim, sentiment, leaves and flowers.

 
 I actually did real stitching on this card and added lots of layers. I also used a bit of distress inking to the edges of the flowers and sentiment.
 
 
I used several gemstones, a couple of acrylic stick pin stars, black tulle [which I have had for what seems like forever!] and antique buttons as embellishments.
Well that's it for today. Hope you get a chance to stop by tomorrow and check out my card for the new challenge over at Meljen's Designs.
hugs,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
 
Bearly-Mine - Orange, Purple and Black
Clear It Out -  Halloween & Stash/ Orange
Timeless Tuesday - Plaid or Hounds tooth
Shopping Our Stash - Stitching - Real or Faux
Try It On Tuesday - Halloween
Tuesday Throwdown - Candy or Witches
2 Creative Chicks - Halloween
Lady Bug Crafts - Halloween and Die Cuts
*Scribbles Designs - Shades of Orange
Besties Challenge - Anything Goes {with a Besties}
Craft Your Passion - Halloween
The Cutie Pie Challenge - BINGO - Glitter/ Die Cut/ Card
2 Sisters - Cute and Spooky
Card Makin' Mamas - Trick or Treat
 


14 comments:

Sue Nicholson

Smashing card and lovely layout, thanks for joining us at cutie pie challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Céline

fun card
thanks for playing with us at besties
hugs
céline

Meggymay

A super cute Halloween card. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Laurart

Wonderful card with so much detail! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday - Love from Laura xxx

Migdalia

Totally cute!
Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

kReN

Cute image and I love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck!

Come and follow me@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Michelle

Lovely your card. I like the image. It is great.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle

Sandy S

Fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs...
Sandy S
~Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs~

Margaret

So cute. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Andreja

Beautiful card you made! Great you use our color.
Thanks for joining us this week at BearlyMineChallenge :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Crafty Moone Cards

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's.
Sue x

My name is Cindy

The stitching looks amazing - an in a circle too! Great card, thank you for joining us at TioT, Cindy

Jenny Gropp

What a FUN FUN FUN card! Thanks for playing along with Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays!

susiestacey

Gorgeous card, love the cute image.
Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies Bingo challenge and good luck x Susan x

Post a Comment