Sunday, October 27, 2013

*** Harvest Blessings

Hope you've enjoyed a wonderful weekend. I had a long one - 2 extra days - because of a Teacher's Convention. Enjoyed some special time with my grandkids, SIL, daughter and my husband. It's so nice to have family living close! I think being thankful is what inspired this card. 
 
 
The digital image is a wonderful freebie that I acquired from somewhere. [My filing system for digital images was non-existent. I thought I'd always remember who the generous artist was who gave the freebie; but I am finding that after you accumulate a few thousand of them, you kind of forget! But I am "working" on putting each artist's work into their own file. The key word in that statement is "working", lol]. Anyway, I coloured the image with Copic Markers, added some faux stitching around the outside, matted it with paper cut from a Spellbinder's die and adhered it with pop foam dots. I used several different DPs and some burlap to create the card base. Again I added some faux stitching. A bit of distress ink on the edges, a pretty gross grain ribbon and a digital sentiment all help to finish this card up.
Well, that it for now.
hugs,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
Brown Sugar - Autumn
* Card Crafter's Circle - Autumn Splendor
QKR Stampede - Seeing Orange
Sister Act Card - Anything Goes
Craftin' Boutique - Anything Goes
DRS Designs - Plenty Of Pumpkins
Inspired By Stamping - Embossed Edges
365 Cards - Harvest
 

9 comments:

scrappymo!

Love the colours and the colouring. Great card.
I know what you mean about the filing of the digis. I need to create a system while I still only have about one hundred!

Shea

Wow, this card is a feast for the eyes! So much color, pattern and texture, and you did a great job with your embossed edges! LOVE how you faux stitched the zig zag pattern. I had to look twice to make sure it was faux because it looks real! It's a beautiful card overall and I thank you for playing along with us at Inspired By Stamping!

Rose

LOVE the fall colors and image :) So glad you shared with us on IBS.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin)

Oh Nancy, I just love your creation...your image is coloured perfectly and I love all the texture of the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.
Lynn, DT Member BSCB
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

Unknown

it's a beautiful card you made thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week
Grts tonnie

Shelia

Beautiful coloring on these cute pumpkins. I really like the use of the burlap too. Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs!

Alanna

What a wonderful card. Your coloring on the pumpkins is just fantastic. Thanks for joining us this week at Sister Act Card Challenge.

Yvonne Garner

A warm autumnal card that is perfect for our challenge at 365 Cards. Thank you so much for joining in!

Jennifer

So very beautiful! the colours are stunning and the fabric is perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Post a Comment