Thursday, October 3, 2013

Time For A Sketch Challenge!

 
Hope you are doing great today and that you are feeling up to a great challenge! Starting today, Meljen's Designs would like you to create something featuring this sketch:
 
Fun huh! I love all the layers! Here is what I came up with:
 
 
I decided to make a "Thanksgiving Day" card because I live in Canada and we celebrate this wonderful holiday in October. For the image I picked "Teddy Pilgrims" and coloured them with my Copics. I don't own a really big pretty die [and I didn't trust my shaky hand to cut out a nice shape], so I used this pretty "pre-cut" shaped DP by Little Yellow Bicycle, which I have had for at least a year! I did use a couple of Spellbinder Dies to cut out the image and it's matting and the flowers,[again using papers that I've had forever!]. It's kinda hard to tell from the picture but I folder embossed the cardstock base of the card. I added a few gem stones to the flower centers and some silver paint pen to the buckles on the bear's hat and shoe. I cut a strip of glittery paper and adhered it along the bottom.
For more inspiration and to enter your card in the challenge head on over to the Meljen's Blog.
Until next time.
hugs,
Nancy

Challenges:
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions - Blue as main color
The Stamping Chef - Stitching
Turtle Soup -  Crash Your Stash [use 2 papers that are at least 1year old]
Creative Craft Challenge 2 - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Use 2 different Die Cuts
Oldie But A Goodie - Bingo [ flowers/ stitching /die cuts ]
Just Inspirational - Bingo [flowers/gems/vintage]


10 comments:

Unknown

what a cute card.. And thank you for joining the challenge at The Stamping Chef.
Christin DT - TSC

(AJ) ArtJypsy

wonderful thanksgiving day card. this is a cute pilgrim couple.

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio

What a cute image Nancy! Love the blue too. Thanks for joining us @ TSC.
Lisa DT

Sylvia Anderson

Lovely card & layout, great colour choice.
Thank you for joining in the Stamping Chef challenge, good luck x

Vicky

Thank you for entering your gorgeous card in our Blue challenge at Inky Impressions this week!!

hugs Vicky xx

Unknown

lovely project ehank you so much for entering the challenge at The Stamping Chef

kerrie DT x

E

What a perfect card for our Blue Challenge!! It is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Inky Impressions!! Hugs E

Bettina L.

This is really cute. Love the design with the blue, flowers,lace and faux stitching. Thanks for playing at The Stamping Chef and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina Sous Chef xx

Katya

Hi Nancy!
Such a cute Thanksgiving card and a great take on our Bingo Challenge. Thank you so much for playing with us at Just Inspirational Challenges :)

Katya Bess - JIC DT member
http://justinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com/

Natali

Beautiful card. Love this monochrome deep blue and sweet image.
Many thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie` “BINGO” Challenge and we hope to see you again.
Hugs
Natali

Post a Comment