Friday, October 11, 2013

*** Christmas Joy

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to stop by. Today I would like to share with you an easel card I made featuring a Tiddly Inks digital image that I just bought; Winter Wryn.  I coloured her with my Copics and then fussy cut her out and attached her with a triple layer of foam squares to make this winter scene.
 
 
I used a Spellbinder's die to cut out the main white parts and used them as the base for this rectangle easel card. I matted them and formed the easel back with a cranberry coloured cardstock. I then traced the inside of the same die on to first a red printed DP [the wall] and a wood look DP [the floor] and adhered them to the center. I used a different die to cut the scalloped baseboard. Another die was used to cut out the window. I adhered a piece of snowflake DP the back of the window and then attached it to the easel front with foam squares. I used a Sizzix die to cut out the Christmas tree and another Spellbinders to cut out the pine bough branches. The big snowflakes were made using a Martha Stewart punch. I added a twine bow and button to the center of the pine boughs, lots of glitter to the snowflakes and a wooden star, some faux snow, "gem bulbs" and a hand cut pot to the Christmas tree.
 
 
I added a couple more die cuts to the base of the card and then mounted a free digital sentiment which I punched out with a circle punch to the center with more foam squares.

 
This card was a lot of fun to make, especially watching as all the pieces came together.
Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
hugs,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
 
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
* Craftitude - Anything Goes plus something beginning with S [snowflakes]
Crafts Too Challenge You - A Christmas Scene
Fairytale - Bingo [snowflakes/winter/gemstones]
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Stampi' For The Weekend - Anything Goes
Sweet Pea Stampers - Sparkle and Shine
Tiddly Inks - Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's - Anything Christmas



17 comments:

Desire Fourie

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the vibrant red.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown

it's a very nice card thanks for joining at brown sugar this week

Sue Jones

fab card. Thanks so much for joining in at the "sparkle and Shine" challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers.Sue .

Blossom Cards

I love your sweet card thanks for sharing with sweet pea stampers this week Rachel DT

fiona mctiernan walker

Beautiful card thank you for joining our challenge at craftitude. Good luck Fiona dt. x

Dewi Lestari

So pretty! Thanks for joining at Fairy Tale: Bingo
Hugs
Dewi GDT

Patricia Chalas

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL!!

Fabiola

so pleased to see your wonderfull and sweet creation at csayl with our C&S challenge Nancy, hope to see you next time, biz

Bianca

What a lovely card! Wonderfull image and colorcombo. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Heather

Wow! This is amazing and gorgeous!!! So much work went into it. I'm not sure it fits our "Simply Christmas" (NO embellishments) challenge, but it is stunning and I'm so glad I popped over to see it.
Heather CSAYL DT

Kym's Crafty Cards

You have made a wonderful card here. Perfect. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “sparkle and shine” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Lucianna Dilsaver

What a beautifully detailed easel card, I truly love the magical scene you have created! Thank you for sharing with us at Tiddly Inks for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

Hazel

This is a gorgeous easel card. Thanks for sharing this for The Sweet Pea Stampers sparkle and shine challenge - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon - Hazel, Design Team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Hazel

Thanks for adding for my CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x

Unknown

What a stunning card - I would frame it in a shadow box and put it on my wall. Simply lovely coloring!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com

What a beautiful scene - so much detail! Thanks for joining in the fun at CSAYL!!!

Jenny

Eine tolle Karte. Da stimmt alles .Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL und Fairy tale Challenge. LG Jenny

Post a Comment