Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back To School

Front View
Good morning to you all. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Our weather has been wonderful here in SW Ontario. Temperatures are in the mid 20C, skies are sunny with lots of big billowy clouds. Simply glorious! Perfect weather for our grandsons; Braden had his first ever baseball tournament, and Zach had his first ever soccer "Day Of Champs". It's so much fun to be a cheering Grandma.
Anyway, speaking of glorious that's what I think of the sweet images by Mary Ellen over at Dearie Dolls. Check them out right here http://deariedollsdigis.blog.com/  and guess what Mary Ellen is giving these adorable images away for free. She offers most of them as "Black & White" or "Pre-Coloured". I really do hope you will go over to her site and pick up a few of her images and please remember to leave her a little bit of love in her comment section.

Side View
For my Easel Card I used a pre-coloured image which I "doctored-up" with a bit of shading using my Copic Markers. My printer doesn't print colour very well so using the markers help to give definition and more character to the image. I used a Spellbinder die to cut out he card base & image. The polka dot is actually fabric that I adhered to cardstock. I added a bit of checkered ribbon, a few gem stones, a pre-made bow and a little school embellishment that I've had kicking around for ever. I added some "Faux Stitching" to kind of tie it altogether. 
Well, that's it for today. Hope you'll drop by tomorrow because it's DT day over at Meljen's Designs.
Hugs,
Nancy

Challenges:

Delightful Challenges http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.ca/ - Punches / Dies
Simply Create Too  http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.ca/  - "Back To School"
My Grafico Challenge http://mygraficocrafts.blogspot.ca/ - "Back to School"

2 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe

Really cute & fab shaped easel card!

Thank you for sharing with us at
Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Sassy Raggedy

Wonderful easel card. I love the shape and I love the Dearie Dolls image. Great job you did with your card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Post a Comment