Monday, August 27, 2012

Tea for Three

 
Hope you're having a good Monday. I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so my sweet husband, aka "My Boss", let me "call in sick".  I'll be happy when this crazy weather system moves on, hopefully taking my headache with it!
Anyway, today I have something a little different for you - a layout. Way back when I started into papercrafting I did a lot of layouts. Albums and albums full of layouts. You see I had boxes and boxes of photos of myself, my husband, our girls, our extended families, grandkids, etc. Well after a few years I pretty much scrapbooked all I needed and wanted to. So except for the occasional holiday or special event I really didn't have any photos worth scrapbooking. (That's when I started card making, using up all that pretty scrap paper).
But, at the beginning of each new school year, I post a layout of our grandkids on the door to our Janitor's Room. We are so blessed that they go to the Christian School where we work. We get to see them every day! Not only do our grandkids love seeing their pictures on our door, but so do the other kids, teachers and visitors. So today I wanted to share it with you.
The DPs are MME. I used my original Sizzix to cut out the lettering for the title. A Spellbinder die was used to cut out the layered flowers. I used some distress ink on the letters, a bit of folder embossing on some of the plain cardstock & flowers and lots of buttons.The photos were taken at a "Garden Tea Party" photo shoot my daughter (Aunt Jazzie to these three) set up. The kids LOVED IT!!! Tea in fancy china cups, being allowed to pour not only tea but milk all by themselves and discovering the "Sugar Cube"! Not to mention the delicious tasting and eye-appealling desserts. In fact, the kids were having so much fun that "Lady Sassafrass" (Aunt Jazzie's little Westie), decided that she want to join in on the fun, taking her weak tea with lots and lots of milk in a saucer. It's little things like this that can turn ordinary days into a day they will never forget.
hugs & blessings,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
 
Divas By Design  http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.ca/ - "Anything Goes"
Craft Your Passion http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/ - "Embossing"

5 comments:

Unknown

Hi there, what a fab layout! Lovely pictures and your papers are gorgeous.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

McCrafty's Cards

Fabulous page Nancy, I like the layout and the pictures, I hope you feel better soon.
Kevin xx

Thrifty Finn

Very "Alice" colours! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion!

Rina

Super cute! Really love the LO and DP's..
Thanks for sharing your creations with the Diva's this week!

Rina Fashionista

Cathy Dineen

Very pretty layout, I love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week! :)

Post a Comment