Friday, August 3, 2012

Sunflower Card


Good Friday morning to you. Bet you're looking forward to the weekend...I know I am!
Today Meljen's Designs is the sponsor for the challenge over at the Card Crafters Circle and they have asked some us to be Guest Designers for their theme "Shaped cards". I chose to do a Sunflower shaped card with the Meljen's image Pumpkin Crow as it's center. To make this card I started with a circle card & punched out 13 smaller circles from the same coloured cardstock. I attached the smaller circles around the inside of the front of the card & then covered  it with another circle to hide where the smaller ones were attached. Because of the weight of the front of the card I also re-enforced the back by adding another circle of the brown cardstock to the back of the card.  Hope that all made sense...'cuz I feel kind of confused, lol. Anyway, the 4 dps are an assortment from my scrapbox. The sentiment is by Stampin' up. I added some "faux stitching" and lots of ink distressed edges.  
Hope you'll take some time to check out Card Crafters Circle and make your own shaped card for their challenge. Just go here and check out the details: http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.ca/
Huge blessings on your day.
hugs'
Nancy

Challenges:

Simply Create toohttp://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.ca/  - "Anything Goes"
Stamptacular Sunday -  "Patterns Galore"
Anything Goes Challenge - "Let's Not Be Square"
Party Time Tuesday - "Anything Goes"
Divas By Design - "Flowers"
Try It On Tuesday - "Anything Goes"



8 comments:

scrappymo!

Cute card...I think it was such a great idea to make it like a sunflower with the smaller circles!

ljust love this sentiment.
This would work on my recycled bird cards.
I am mass producing about 20 of them for a craft fair and I was looking for some sentiments other than "Sing, It's your day!" I think I will do 5 of each and still am on the hunt for 2 more...

Bee and Dee

A beautiful card with a lot of work in it. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

Meggymay

Love the shape of your beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this week.
Yvonne

Gaynor Greaves

lovely card, love your image, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, hope to see you again, Gaynor xx

StephG

love the shape of this card....beautiful image!
Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!

SAHLERS

Love your card thanks for playing along at Divas by Design
-Sheryl-

cheryl

oh this is just gorgeous,love the image and beautiful detail bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

DianeMoneyGoolsby

Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for Challenge #19 - "Anything Goes". Your sunflower-shaped card is very cute--my fav flower!

Diane
Simply Create Too Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Post a Comment